Saturday, October 29, 2011

Welcome to the blog

Hello, I'm Jessica. Welcome! I am expecting my first baby in March of 2012, and wanted to create a place where I could share my experience and connect with others who are going through the same thing! This site will focus mainly on my yoga business and pregnancy journey, but I would also like to post about other topics related to birth, natural health, and parenting (and most likely throw in some random things just for fun).  I have found yoga during pregnancy to be extremely relaxing and grounding as I navigate through this incredible, overwhelming, exciting, and sometimes scary time. I have been practicing yoga since 2003, and really became serious about deepening my practice and sharing it with others when I went through my 200 hour teacher certification with D'ana Baptiste's InBody Yoga Academy from 2009-2010 in Salt Lake City. I have always been fascinated by pregnancy, and became more focused on Prenatal Yoga after going through a miscarriage in 2010. The things I had learned from my yoga practice helped me get through the actual experience and then deal with the grief that followed. I love yoga's physical benefits, but even more than that I love it as a tool for healing and working through feelings and emotions. I wanted to deepen my knowledge of Pre/Postnatal yoga, so I hopped on a plane in January 2011 and attended a specialized training with Stephanie Keach at the Asheville Yoga Center in Asheville, North Carolina. I would love for you to join me in creating a safe and supportive place for mothers-to-be to connect more to themselves, their babies, and the wonderful community of women around them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment