Friday, November 18, 2011

My T.V. debut

Last April at Vitalize they brought Channel 4 news in as part of a promotion for their event The Great Mom Escape. They chose to film my class and interview me. I was immediately nervous, especially because at the time I only had one student and I had also just had wisdom teeth surgery and was worried I would be super swollen and puffy. Also, despite the fact that I had been in a T.V. commercial a few years before, I tend to freeze and get self-conscious in situations like this.

So the day came. We managed to round up some students to appear in the news clip. The reporter and camera guy came in and explained that they would be conducting a short interview and then filming my class for a little bit. The tape started rolling and I started talking. Pretty soon into it I started doing a weird hand flapping thing and blurted out "can you start the tape over?". They did, and the second round went much better. I think I said what I wanted to say, even though I would have said a few things differently given the chance to do it again. Oh well. At least it got the word out there.

So-I am a slightly challenged new blogger and cannot figure out how to post a link that can be easily clicked on. I even tried the "insert link" button. Nothing. So here is the link that you have to copy and paste. Enjoy!

http://connect2utah.com/health-story/?nxd_id=144037

No comments:

Post a Comment